In-Person Worship at St. James’
Avoid common worship signup errors:
- You must click the final red “register” button to complete registration.
- All signups result in a confirmation email. Search your email for “Eventbrite” if you are unsure whether you signed up.
- Avoid duplicate registrations by informing others in your household you are signing them up.
Beginning June 6, 2021
What to Expect: In-Person Worship at St. James’
In accordance with Montgomery County COVID-19 guidelines, beginning on June 6 we are open for in-person worship at 11:00 a.m. Sundays in the sanctuary. Here are some things to remember:
- In-person worship will happen in phases.
- No one will get left behind! We will stream the service online and continue to send out the recorded service video to watch whenever you are able.
- We must all remain flexible. We found ways to “Be Church” virtually, and we’ll find ways to “Be Church” in person.
Please read the Phase 1 guidelines below.
PHASE I, Beginning June 6
- A Service of Morning Prayer Service will be offered to 80 distanced, masked people in the sanctuary. We will not offer Holy Eucharist at this time.
- The worship service will be streamed live and recorded for later viewing online.
- Participants will be asked to agree to and maintain COVID safety guidelines and give consent for contact tracing in the event of an infection.
- Advance reservations will be required in order to ensure we are at appropriate safety capacity; walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Masks will be required at all times and participants will have their temperatures taken before entering.
- Music will be heard from the organ and soloist in person; the congregation may not sing but may speak and pray psalms and responses while masked.
- We will sit at spaced intervals with skipped pews in between to ensure six feet physical distancing between family groups, as guided by the ushers.
- We will exchange the peace without touching; we may smile under our masks and wave.
- Bulletins will be available for pick-up at the front entrance. We will not use prayer books or hymnals.
- Offerings may be placed in the collection plate in the church entrance.
- We will enter and exit through the same doors, as guided by the ushers. We will not use the rear doors of the church; the undercroft doors will be locked.
- Sanctuary windows will be open and HVAC on, to circulate air.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Restrooms will be monitored, and users will be asked to clean fixtures and surfaces with church-provided sanitizing wipes after use.
- Sunday School, Coffee hour, and FaithTalk will be virtual at this time.