In-Person Worship at St. James’
Avoid common worship signup errors:
- You must complete all required fields and click the final red “register” button to complete registration.
- All signups result in a confirmation email. Search your inbox for “Eventbrite” if you are unsure whether you signed up.
Privacy Notice: Our services are live-streamed to the St. James’ YouTube channel. By entering the service/event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for live streaming, promotional purposes, advertising, inclusion on web sites, and/or any other purpose by St. James’ Episcopal Church.
What to Expect: In-Person Worship at St. James’
In accordance with Montgomery County COVID-19 guidelines, we are open for in-person worship at 11:00 a.m. Sundays in the sanctuary. Here are some things to remember:
- In-person worship will happen in phases.
- No one will get left behind! We will stream the service online and we continue to offer the recorded service video to watch whenever you are able on the St. James’ YouTube channel.
- We must all remain flexible. We found ways to “Be Church” virtually, and we’ll find ways to “Be Church” in person.
Phase I In-Person Worship Guidelines
- A Service of Morning Prayer Service will be offered to 80 distanced, masked people in the sanctuary. We will not offer Holy Eucharist at this time.
- The worship service will be streamed live and recorded for later viewing online.
- Participants will be asked to agree to and maintain COVID safety guidelines and give consent for contact tracing in the event of an infection.
- Advance reservations will be required in order to ensure we are at appropriate safety capacity; walk-ins will not be permitted.
- Masks will be required at all times and participants will have their temperatures taken before entering.
- Music will be heard from the organ and soloist in person; the congregation may not sing but may speak and pray psalms and responses while masked.
- We will sit at spaced intervals with skipped pews in between to ensure six feet physical distancing between family groups, as guided by the ushers.
- We will exchange the peace without touching; we may smile under our masks and wave.
- Bulletins will be available for pick-up at the front entrance. We will not use prayer books or hymnals.
- Offerings may be placed in the collection plate in the church entrance.
- We will enter and exit through the same doors, as guided by the ushers. We will not use the rear doors of the church; the undercroft doors will be locked.
- Sanctuary windows will be open and HVAC on, to circulate air.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- Restrooms will be monitored, and users will be asked to clean fixtures and surfaces with church-provided sanitizing wipes after use.
- Sunday School, Coffee hour, and FaithTalk will be virtual at this time.